Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twas the Night Before School Started....

Whew....You'd think it was the very first day of school today, for both my students and me! I'm exhausted!! I swear I was having first day of school jitters last night! For the love, I could not fall asleep!! I kept watching the clock throughout the night, going from 1:30 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m.....I finally got up at 3:30 and did a little blog hopping to kill some time (might as well be a little productive if ya can't sleep, right?). I crawled back into bed around 4 a.m. and woke up with the alarm at 5:45 a.m.! I even had a crazy strange back-to-school dream in that short amount of time, too!! And it wasn't a good one!! I wish there was an app for knowing which of your friends can't sleep at night so you can just text someone and share your stress over not being able to sleep.

We were all a bit tired and puffy-eyed most of the day. Was it just my kiddos, or did any of you have kids coming up to you after lunch over and over asking when school would be out? Poor things! It was like I was having flashbacks to their first days of First grade when staying more than four hours a day just blew their minds!  I hope those of you who are back to school already are getting back into the swing of things! As for me, only three more days of school this week!! Yeah!! (I'm already counting down the days until the weekend!!) I'm going to bed early! ;)

Rebecca

7 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens and why does it always happen when we have school the next day? Three more days, three more days!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am having the same jitters too! I was supposed to go back today, but we had a snow day today. YEAH!! So, tomorrow will be my first day back. I can already anticipate the exhaustion {for me and the kids}. I just started my blog and if you have time check it out.

    Jennifer
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.em.geee! Same with me..up all night until 3 am. Then, my kids came in and sat down in silence for like 10 minutes just like it was the first day of school. I was like whaaaats wrong with you guys! haha too funny..I think your app idea is GENIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha!! I'm so glad to know I wasn't alone in my sleepless night!!! Seriously, we need to find that App!!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, someone has to create that app, seriously. It was 1 am before I even hit the bed and then I just lay there. What the world?? I also had first day jitters because I had a new student come today and that always makes me nervous. Tried not to let it show, but it does! Weird! Hope you get a better night tonight and get sleep!

    Haley
    followingoptimism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first day is tomorrow and I am still up!! I probably won't go to bed until much later! Blah!!

    Come check out my new blog (if you have a chance!)

    Sweet Times in First

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. So its been pretty easy for the college authorities to regard about every possible stance as have been contemplated here and would proved to be much better. proofread my thesis

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...