Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Time to Celebrate!

It's been such a crazy end of the year this year! I had neck surgery in the middle of April that turned into a six week recovery. I missed the entire last six weeks of school!! The Fun Run, the carnival, the dance festival and saying goodbye on the last day of school to my sweet little first graders. I was able to stop in before school was out and check in on my class and see how they were doing. Such a bitter-sweet end to the year. Now, it's officially Summer Vacation!!! Whooo hooo!!


Oh, and did I mention I got engaged a few weeks ago?? Yeppers!! I reconnected with one of my dear friends from college who recently divorced and we're getting married in July! Nothing like putting it on the fast track! ;) He's truly Mr. Wonderful!! I am one lucky gal! This is the first time I've been married, and it was well worth the wait (in my 40s)!  Here's a couple of photos for ya!


            
            (16 years ago and 20 pounds lighter!!)           Today


I have to admit with the surgery, end of school, and getting engaged, I've neglected my little blog and posting new TpT products! I have had several requests for my Handy Handwriting Packet to be made for D'Nealian handwriting and I posted that today! If you are getting ready for the new school year already, these handwriting packets are great as worksheets, or as a handwriting booklet. Each packet includes a poem in which I have the students circle the letter of the day. They love being "letter detectives"!


You can check it out here:











I hope you are either enjoying the end of your school year, or enjoying your Summer Vacation!! 
Hugs and Love,
Rebecca







20 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting engaged! I am glad you were able to re-connect! Awesome!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your engagement!! Sounds like it was meant to be;)
    www.123teachwithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Mrs. Wheeler and TammySF.! It's pretty exciting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your engagement! :) That's so exciting!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy things are looking up for you! Have a wonderful summer!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your engagement! I just got engaged in February and I'm 40! Wishing you years of happiness!

    Karyn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where have you been?! It's like you're busy planning a wedding or something! Ha! Great pics!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your engagement! Such a sweet story!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, everyone! ;)
    Hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Rebecca!!! I'm SOOO happy for you. Sending cyber hugs your way.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your recent engagement!!! Enjoy your summer & upcoming wedding!! You have so much to look forward to!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you have pictures from long ago. My husband and I hooked up 18 years after high school & I wish I had pics of us back then ;o(
    Mel D
    Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I love the early and now pictures- you both still look great, and so happy together!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!!!! We are about to celebrate ours as well!! I love your handwriting packet, I am going to purchase it and use it with my son this summer!!

    ~Ashley~
    www.teacherstreasurechest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rebecca I somehow totally missed this post. I think you and your hubby to be look just like you did in college. Congratulations! I hope you have many, many happy years together, and that you are now fully recovered.
    wishing you the best!
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Klinger Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...